Ladies@LTSC Get Afloat and Get Involved
Following on from the inspirational and highly successful ladies evening in November last year, featuring Dee Caffari and Hannah Snellgrove, we are planning two female focused activity days at the Club in May and June (June date to be confirmed).
‘Ladies@LTSC Get Afloat and Get Involved’ will be open to members of all experience levels from complete beginner through to active racers and will run on the afternoon of Sunday 26th May starting from 12.30pm.
The goal is to give more confidence to women wanting to participate in Club sailing, racing and support roles, driving improved opportunities across all areas for women at our Club. The sessions will be run under the friendly supervision of qualified female instructors and experienced sailors. Examples of what will be included:-
- Introductory sessions: dinghy, helm, crew, RIB’s, Keelboat
- Familiarisation with the club, boats and equipment, etc
- Coaching – encouragement to try something new and build confidence/experience.
- Pathway – what next? Provide clear options and suggest next steps for those interested in building on their experience…be that Saturday morning beginner/refresher courses, Saturday Sailing, racing, etc
- Opportunities in supporting roles: Safety Boat, Race officials, land support
- Connect with other like-minded women of all ages throughout the club.
The event is FREE to members over the age of 16 and full details of times and schedules will be published in due course.
Places will be limited and those interested need to register online.
The Solent Room bar will be open after the event, with the opportunity to discuss the experience and maybe meet a few new people.
Look forward to meeting you all
Abby Ehler and Jenny Bennett